Trip to Detroit for Jenny and Aaron’s wedding. Via Plainfield/Chicago, Ann Arbor.
* $100 in gasoline.
* $175 not made working
* $150 spent (food, gift, alcohol, snacks and soda on the road)
* $65 in car maitenance before the long trip.
* Week away from my cat. (He’s a little wonky right now.)
* Eating more than usual. (The bane of travelers.)
* Couple of garden plants lost to the heat and lack of water.
* High volume of worry about lack of money, job and the long trip alone.
* Getting to spend time with Wende, Jerry, Jesscia, Julia, Jenny and Aaron, Michelle, Christian and Joan.
* Getting to meet Selu, Nick, Justin, Rob, Grant, Luke, Shea, John, Greg, Sarah, Ben, Susie and Phillip.
* Getting to see Alex, Jane and Mike.
* Being so incredibly happy for Jenny. Witnessing the beautiful ceremony binding her life and love to a guy I really think is good enough for her. I look forward to being Aaron’s friend.
* Getting to play fake bride.
*Feeling new opportunities. New passions. New ideas. New hope. New excitement in my life.
The car ride offered me a lot of time to think, which, though sometimes painful, is always good. I also listened to a whole book on CD- A James Bond Novel: A High Time To Kill. And I purused some new music also thanks to the Mid County Library. Sergio Mendes, Velvet Underground and The Who’s: Tommy.
I am SO happy that I made the trip. It never occurred to me to miss Jenny’s wedding. But I also never expected so many more wonderful moments.